Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Whetu and Nick

On Wednesday morning I rushed to school just before the bell went.
We were going to the theatre to watch a show called Whetu and Nick.
Whetu and Nick were about a British man looking for a lost map and bumped into
Whetu a Maori girl. We did prayers quickly so we could get to the theatre on time.
We finished prayers and went outside. We partnered up with someone from Room
5. I was partnered up with my cousin Tuvale. So we went on a bus.
The whole school fitted on two buses. We arrived at the Manukau Vodafone
Event Centre. After getting out of the bus we went inside to find a lot of different
schools like Saint Therese, Sir Edmund Hillary College and heaps more.


We were waiting for the show to start, then it started. The kids behind me were
from Saint Therese. They were talking to me and were saying things like
¨Do you know who this is?¨. We watched the show. I didn't understand anything
Whetu was saying except for some basic words like Whanau which meant family.
There was a funny part where she said ¨Oh my underpants¨ and everyone was
laughing. Then Nick was bleeding from a Tuatara bite. A tuatara is a lizard with
soft spikes that can be found on Islands in New Zealand. The whole audience
clapped at the end. The show ended and it was really short but overall it was
really good. After we went out of the theatre, we took some photos with
Nick and Whetu. I enjoyed looking at the special effects.
The lighting was amazing and it was great to have a narrator to add emotion to
the mood of the show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment